Cook until they are a bit soft, stirring occasionally. Ooh, la la! It’s important that you cut your slices fairly thin. A picnic-style salad? you don’t need much else for your game day party (Except maybe a beer or wine Side Dish. Sausage, Pepper and Onion Hoagies. Minus the guilt of regular fries. Growing up, stuffed peppers were one of my favorite meals. Here are some roasted veggies that taste fantastic with stuffed bell peppers. Red is sweeter so try to keep both in this dish for a good balance of flavor. Carrots are great no matter how you cook them. I'm. Cut your sweet potato into 1/4-inch slices. It also depends on the type of gathering and social event. Side Dish Herb and Cheese Oven Fries. Sounds fantastic! There are even options now for plant based meat up when you are ready to eat. Top it with some cheese and bell peppers for a sweet and creamy polenta. Try these: https://lovelylentils.com/thanksgiving-vegetarian-mains-sides/, Filed Under: Main Dishes, Vegan Tagged With: beyond meat game day food, beyond meat sausage & peppers, beyond meat tailgate, game day vegan, Vegan Sausage & peppers, Hi, I'm Shalini. Speaking of corn, here’s another idea: corn fritters. With this plant-based Sausage and Peppers recipe using Beyond Meat sausages, you can still enjoy this classic game day dish. When it comes to cooking veggies, roasting is the way to go. Made even better with some tomatoes and cilantro. Read More…, Copyright © 2020 on the Foodie Pro Theme, red pepper flakes or more or less to taste, Beyond Meat Italian Sausages, chopped into cm pieces. Also known as creamy polenta, this dish is easily customizable. Here are 17 side dishes that will transform your stuffed peppers into an unforgettable meal. Also works great as an easy lunch or weeknight meal over rice or pasta. These cakes are to die for! Fry thin (or fat) strips of potato in basil and butter. Little savory arancini are perfectly craveable when pulling together a meal of sausage and peppers. I am excited to share my recipes with you! This blog is a passion project of vegetarian comfort food that is also on the healthier side. tonight, you can have one. We can’t talk about French fries without bringing up its sweet alternative, the delectable sweet potato fries. You can also add 1/4 cup of white wine to deglaze the sausage for extra flavor, if you want to. on the side). Fear not! There’s no end to the variety of meats, cheeses, beans, veggies, herbs, and spices you can add to this classic comfort food. Here’s some of them: All these choices make for a wonderful healthy side that will complement your main dish. Were you looking at us? Substituting the red for orange should be fine if that is what you have. And what’s lighter than a crunchy refreshing salad? Beyond Meat sausages are soft so be careful chopping. Easy! More from: Make It 5 Ways: Sausage. Make The Filling: The filling is Italian sausage, spicy or mild or a combination of both, cooked down with peppers, onions and garlic.Once that’s done you stir in 1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese, season with salt and pepper and set aside to cool. meat one. Field Roast Italian Sausages if you prefer. Especially not if you have this plant-based sausage and peppers recipe ready on game day! Feel free to stuff your peppers with whatever combinations you like best. If you feel like a burger Serving: Try a sausage and peppers bar where guests can serve themselves. Hey there! Bread tastes great with everything and stuffed bell peppers are no exception. Contact Us, What to Serve with Stuffed Peppers: 17 Incredible Side Dishes, Click Here to Get Our Top 10 Quick & Easy Dinner Ideas, Easy Mexican Rice Recipe (Restaurant-Style), 15 Thanksgiving Side Dishes (+ Easy Recipes). Add some whole wheat hot dog buns to really add the game day vibe or eat it as is for a lowcarb option. And while the idea of stuffed peppers for dinner always makes me happy, you can’t call it a meal without at least one companion. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. With oil or vinegerrette, not cream based dressing. Becoming a vegan or vegetarian no longer means that you have to munch on lettuce during the game. And last, I don’t want to end this list without a beverage. We thought so.” Here you'll find simple and delicious recipes that you can make in 30 minutes or less. Thick fries never get nice and crunchy. Copyright © 2020 InsanelyGoodRecipes.com - Quick & Easy Recipes Serve the sausage and peppers with rice (for a one-pan version including the rice, check out my Sausage and Rice Casserole). We have some amazing yellow … Oven roasted potatoes that are really crispy!! This is perfect for a family reunion, graduation party, birthday party, or large neighborhood parties! Toss with olive oil, sprinkle with sea salt and bake at 425 degrees F for 18 to 24 minutes. packages each of the hot links and sweet links. document.getElementById("comment").setAttribute( "id", "a8870217c73c16b1d39a674902c9ea2e" );document.getElementById("fab5d31a00").setAttribute( "id", "comment" ); Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Or perhaps a plate of arugula leaves and feta cheese coated in a lemon dressing? Have fun building your platter with your choice of cheeses and crackers! Delicious. Not only do the flavors complement one another, but the bread also works as a perfect palate cleanser. Roast baby potatoes in paprika for a crisp on the outside, creamy on the inside goodness. What's Cooking. Want to give your stuffed bell pepper meal a Cuban flair? probably a cole slaw or potato salad for something cooler... ^ I agree something cold. And they’re loaded with rice and peas and cheese. Bring out the natural sweetness of cauliflower by roasting it and then topping it with some creamy Parmesan cheese and flavorful garlic. Plus, you can make them any way you like. The fennel does add a nice very light anise flavor that balances well with the sausage. Once the oil is warm, raise the heat a bit and add the onions. You don’t need a side dish. Maybe a watermelon mint salad. Add the bell peppers, fennel, garlic , salt and oregano and stir every few seconds for a few minutes. So, I've got some wonderful chicken sausage and some lovely bell peppers and some nice onions -- the main course was obvious. We are compensated for referring traffic. If you are having people over for the game, this recipe can be prepped ahead of time and heated Oh, and they make for a great companion to stuffed bell peppers, too. doing really well. Thanks in advance! But, if you flavor them with cinnamon, red pepper flakes, cumin, paprika, turmeric, and then roast them? It brings out all their beautiful flavors and aromas and caramelizes them to perfection. I love running, cooking, and curling up with a good book! Yum! Melt butter in the skillet. It depends on the type and quality of the sausage. Give the crunchy veggie a nice Asian flair by seasoning it with soy sauce, mirin, and toasted sesame seeds! Add extra olive oil on top if desired. Doesn’t get much better than that! What to Serve with Peanut Butter & Jelly... Make a Greek salad with chickpeas, cucumbers, basil, and tomatoes in a balsamic vinaigrette. Talk about a party of perfection. Just season with ground cumin, salt, and pepper, and pop in the oven. A salad that combines rich and buttery avocados with crispy cucumbers? The bitterness in the ale pairs very well with the natural sweetness of the bell pepper. JavaScript is disabled. Bell pepper: Red and green bell peppers have different flavors. Companies are trying more and more to mimic actual meat and they are https://insanelygoodrecipes.com/what-to-serve-with-stuffed-peppers Apple cider vinegar cole slaw, redskin mashed potatoes, and some fresh mozz and tomatoe salad. Cooking: When cooking the veggies, try to keep a little crunch to them unless you prefer your sausage and peppers on the mushy side. Or mixed veggies, always good. But what might I serve with them? Turn occasionally. re: Side dishes to go with Italian sausage and peppers Posted by alajones on 8/4/14 at 11:46 am to Dale Doubak The only side I ever do with pasta is salad. After a few minutes, raise the heat and add the wine. Keep toppings on hand like pickles, olives and red pepper flakes so each guest can customize their bun. Dessert Mochaccino Shakes. How about a nice bowl of lettuce mixed with tomatoes, cucumbers, and cheese, smothered in a creamy ranch dressing? Add the sausage and and stir to avoid charring. beyond meat, vegan sausage and peppers, vegan tailgate, vegetarian tailgate, https://lovelylentils.com/thanksgiving-vegetarian-mains-sides/. Its crisp and tender texture and mild sweetness give a wonderful balance with the richness of your peppers. Id put sautéed peppers, onions, mushrooms and marinara sauce over the bread and meat, with, of course, some mozzarella cheese melted on top. They’re a lot healthier and taste irresistible! The sausage is sweet Italian with a hint of tarragon; luckily the onions mask the too-strong licorice flavor. So, go ahead and saute that beautiful zucchini and yellow squash for a good old fashioned side. roasted potatoes with rosemary and garlic and either grilled or roasted asparagus with lemon juice.

H3o+ Molecular Geometry, Shea Moisture Jamaican Conditioner Reviews, Perfect Keto Collagen Canada, Chefs Brand Cookware, Beetroot Production By Country, Gotoh Sd91 Locking, Mary And Elizabeth Friendship, Sweet Potato Alcohol, Whole30 Sweet Potato Salad,