This is the tastiest way to use up cranberry sauce leftovers, but mine came out entirely too sweet for my family. Instructions. That sounds wonderful, Judy! Homemade cranberry sauce freezes well. But actually, with its sweet and tart taste, cranberry sauce can be used in a variety of recipes. When finished turn upside down and serve. My sister and I are both seasoned bakers. Or, fold the solid sauce into a batter for a tasty cranberry loaf… Mix until blended. I like the idea of using the leftover cranberry sauce on toast! Sometimes I’ll put a spoonful or two on top of vanilla frozen yogurt! There has been the odd negative comment before but most have been positive, or exuberant even. This twist on the classic Matrimonial Squares (also called Date Squares) uses cranberry sauce as a filling instead of a date purée. Or open another can of cranberry sauce and combine it with your leftovers since these bars can happily accommodates more filling. Then you use that instead of the cranberry sauce. In a large skillet, heat 1 cup cranberry sauce, 12 ounces chili sauce, 1 teaspoon cumin, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Can you tell us what Palmieri is? gingerbread truffles, Copyright © 2020 Busy in Brooklyn - WordPress Theme : By, pecan pie lace cookies with raspberry filling. It tastes amazing with peanut butter or with cream cheese or on its own. The top was very crumbly, but still very delicious! I’m sure everyone would go bananas for any of these reuses! Made these today with my leftover homemade cran sauce that had oranges in it, so doubley yummy for this recipe. These came out great! Thanks so much! Use it wherever you normally use barbecue sauce to instantly add an autumnal twist to your summer favorites. I’m not sure if you are aware but the recipe calls for brown sugar but never tells you when to add it. Spread cranberry sauce over the bars (if the sauce is watery, cook in a pot until thickened); top with pecan crumble. Voila! Mmmmm! These are spectacular. The Pioneer Woman participates in various affiliate marketing programs, which means we may get paid commissions on editorially chosen products purchased through our links to retailer sites. Thanks for this recipe that finally used up the last of my Thanksgiving cranberry sauce! Like other comment, could not wait for them to cool completely, husband and I ate 2 squares and these are delicious! All Thank you very much for sharing this!! Find it on Amazon today for $2.99 and get slurping! Feb 19, 2020 - Explore 1 508-367-8364's board "Canned Cranberry Sauce" on Pinterest. This simple recipe delivers BIG flavor. Heat it up to a simmer over high and then cook it over medium-low until the berries have popped and broken down a bit, around 15 minutes. The idea is that your rub the butter and oats between your finger. I usually don’t have any cranberry sauce leftover as we pile it on our stuffing at the holidays but I really love the idea of the cranberry sauce on toast!! The nostalgia will run high when I make these for Christmas! 1 cup flavorless oil Courtney, I am so so very sorry. 3/4 cup whole berry cranberry sauce (canned or homemade) 1 Tbsp roughly chopped fresh basil, plus some whole leaves for garnish 1 tsp. These muffins are great for breakfast, brunch or for a quick snack. Canned cranberry sauce can be jazzed up with orange juice and spices, or reshaped with cookie cutters. I’m concerned about their need to set up overnight. My husband does not like cranberry sauce but he loved these bars! We used it on our Kids In The Kitchen series on YouTube and wanted to let you know that it was a great recipe that is also very kid friendly. Great for Christmas brunch. Please check your email for a message from me and a link to your FREE ebook. Sugar listed in the ingredients but no instruction as to when this should be added to the mixture. We’ve got lots of ideas for that leftover – https://cookthestory.com/uses-leftover-cranberry-sauce/. These sound absolutely delicious! Use the cranberry whipped cream to top fruitcake and other holiday desserts or use it on hot chocolate. Let’s talk about a few ways to enjoy DESSERT! So delicious and a good thing to have on hand for an on-the-go breakfast. Now next year when I make the cranberry sauce, I won’t have to think, “no one ever eats this”…lol https://cookthestory.com/uses-leftover-cranberry-sauce/, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_Yxd_sMYdo, http://www.notquitenigella.com/2013/09/19/matrimonial-slice-aka-date-squares/, Kids In The Kitchen: Cranberry Oatmeal Bars, A Smoothie Recipe Made With Leftover Cranberry Sauce, Over 50 Thanksgiving Leftover Recipes - My Pinterventures, 12 Ways to Use Leftover Craberry Sauce, Ideas and Recipes. Thanks for letting me know! It then makes a festive and fun sauce for ice cream and cakes. Kathy Sima (author) from Ontario, Canada on December 30, 2012: Thanks Nina and Glimmer Twin Fan. Pin It. Kathy Sima (author) from Ontario, Canada on January 02, 2013: Rose Clearfield from Milwaukee, Wisconsin on December 31, 2012: I love how many different options you've covered here. Mary, Yessss! I’m gonna try this recipe today. When I made this recipe, I did 2 cranberry sauces!! Stir cranberry sauce into your favorite pot of chili for a fun flavor twist. You can also use cranberry sauce as a glaze for meatloaf (think turkey meatloaf with cranberry sauce glaze). Spoon three-quarters of the oat mixture into an ungreased 13″x 9″ cake pan. And probably any kind of jam that you have going uneaten on the door of your fridge. Don’t let it go to waste, Susan! For a quick and easy smoothie, try mixing strawberry or vanilla yogurt, a banana and 1/4 cup of cranberry sauce in a blender. It is amazing how strong a flavor a little spoonful can be! I made these today and I think they taste wonderful! Simply add cranberry sauce a tablespoon or so at a time to your plain yogurt until you get the intensity of flavor that you’d like. Brenda Score is the creator of the food-focused site. I bet the tang and extra stickiness of the marmalade was really amazing. This time I used 2 sticks of unsalted butter and they were not as moist. Just something to bring up the moisture of the dessert. I hope you enjoy! I suspected this would happen when I read the ingredient list,  but reading the  other positive reviews, decided to stay true to the recipe. I am so glad I found this recipe! Luckily I was able to salvage it by mixing in 2 eggs and some vanilla. It’s a favorite recipe around here as well. Allow to cool in the pan on a wire rack. 8. But the fun of cooking is when you try something different and it works! IfyouknowwhatImean! 1. I just edited the recipe to remove the bit about them browning so that others don’t have this problem. Muddle and stir to combine, for a refreshing homemade soda. There are tips, ideas, and recipes too. Me, I’ll pretty much take it any way I can get it. I guess it depends on if we get sick of cranberry bars or not! […] Cranberry Oatmeal Bars by Cook the Story […]. 4. Thanks for this keeper. Me too, Heather! These sound so good! last updated on April 21, 2020 by Christine Pittman. I might have to try the recipe using all lactose-free to see what effect that has. 2. Also loved the suggestions for fruity alternatives to the sauce.

White Chocolate Raspberry Tart Pampered Chef, Taco Bell Quesadilla Sauce Recipe, Basil Substitute In Pesto, Sedge Warbler Artist, Rab Mujhe Maaf Kare Odia Song, When Does Milk Expire After The Best By Date, Suzuki Car Dealership Near Me,