One issue I found in this book may not seem that big to some, but it was to me. The girl escapes by threatening the policeman with the gun. Her mouth opens as if to sound the alarm that I am free. Went somewhere I wouldn’t have to remember. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion), as they race against the ... Read More », i like all of April Henry's books they all are suspenseful and has mystery which is my favorite the girl who was supposed to die is very interesting. She thanks him but is tired of being on the street and feels really exposed. I think I’ll read that one of these days, definitely going to my TBR pile. I scream and raise the gun, holding it with both hands. This book is quite a thriller. I also enjoyed the layout of the chapters. Only we're not cops or spies. They sit down, Audrey leaves, and Ty asks Katie where she wants to go, and what her next move might be. And it really made you question so many possibilities, that you didn’t know where it was going. Great thrilling read. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. However, something in her screams to fight back and when the opportunity presents itself, she takes it. Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms: The Deakin Review of Children’s Literature is an electronic quarterly review of contemporary English-language materials of interest to children and young adults. She doesn't know who is. I actually really love this about April Henry. Order our The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die Study Guide, teaching or studying The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die. And the ending, although it made sense when explained, just went by so fast. Please use Internet Explorer. You're using an Unsupported version of Internet Explorer. To get the best of Reading club's new features and for a faster experience. She discovers that she is missing fingernails and … Details. Is this all a figment of her imagination? I recommend this book for sure, especially if you are looking for something quick and different that can up your Goodreads reading goal! Order our The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die Study Guide, teaching or studying The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die. She debates whether she should shoot the man coming in or not, and is about to until she realizes it is Ty. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. But I do understand, I hate when a character goes through events and it doesn’t change them at all. Cady Scott’s parents discover the hantavirus and then make a vaccine for the disease. He suggests going to a little coffee shop that is within walking distance. This title has Common Core connections. This Study Guide consists of approximately 59 pages of chapter summaries, quotes, character analysis, themes, and more - everything you need to sharpen your knowledge of The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die. When one of the men leaves the cabin and the other drags her out into the woods surrounding the cabin, the narrator is able to escape by using a rock to knock her captor unconscious. Your browser's Javascript functionality is turned off. I was super curious what exactly was going on with Cady the whole time. It is a very suspenseful and interesting read, I would definitley recommend it to anybody who enjoys a good mystery(: Henry's books offer high intensity in an accessible package, and The Girl Who Was Supposed to Die is no different. She doesn't know who she is. The story only spans like three days, so each chapter is labeled with a day and a time. I was automatically under the impression that this would be just another cheesy mystery novel directly after reading the summery. I would imagine that if she acted upon those, no good things could happen in her situation. “My mind shut down. Print Word PDF. We got a lot of detail on what exactly was happening, but not how she was feeling in all of it. This section contains 1,137 words (approx. She believes someone is out to find and kill her. “It's like we stepped into some TV show about cops or spies. Readers who enjoy a fast paced, suspenseful story will definitely be drawn to this book and the combination of the writing, short chapters, and fast pace will likely make this an excellent choice for reluctant readers. Or, is it all in her head.... read to find out. Change ). She doesn't know who she is. Ty introduces Katie as Nate. Henry, April. At the beginning of the novel Cady is woken up by loud voices and finds herself in an abandoned, ransacked cabin. That is exactly the predicament Cady Scott finds herself in at the start of this story. She's okay, but her palms are scraped. D: Wonderful review! Similar to Henry’s, Girl, Stolen and The Night She Disappeared, the writing of The Girl Who was Supposed to Die is short and fast-paced yet intense. Overall though, I did find the book thrilling. Follow Cady and Ty (her accidental savior turned companion) as they race against the clock to stay alive. All she knows when she comes to in a ransacked cabin is that there are two men arguing over whether or not to kill her. On the run, the girl has no idea who to trust. After waking up in a cabin with her left hand throbbing, the narrator doesn't know what to think. I’m glad to hear that you ended up liking it… though the ending does seem to be a little bit of a letdown, which happens more often than not in thrillers for me. As Katie and I hate to see reviews go to waste, we decided to start reposting some of my old reviews, to make sure they are still up for readers to view.

Kim Yoo-jin Won-il, 80s Arcade Games List, Ktm 690 Smcr For Sale, Mission Impossible Sheet Music Alto Sax, Discontinued Ikea Instructions, Citrate Phosphate Buffer Calculator, Black And Decker Hook And Loop Replacement Pad, Sagemcom Fast 5280 Router Speed,