If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Remove from heat; stir in salt and pepper. But these were for my family. The cheese seems to glue all the ingredients together! Potato Breakfast Burritos are a tasty treat your family is sure to enjoy. Not everybody eats as much as my family…I’m trying to remember that. I love breakfast! Then brown a pound of your favorite kind of breakfast sausage. We served Potato Breakfast Burritos with salsa, but they are also good plain. And, certainly, if you have specific flavors you like on your eggs (like hot sauce), include what you like. These are also great to make up in bulk. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Now pour the egg/cheese mixture over the top. Then brown a pound of your favorite kind of breakfast sausage. Remove a tortilla and pile the filling into the middle of the burrito and stack on top. . As the recipe proceeds, I’ll let you know the things I’d add to the mix if I were living in a tiny apartment in Chicago by myself, just to give you some more ideas. Quick and easy Breakfast Burritos filled with sausage and potatoes. Freeze burritos, or heat as desired and eat immediately. This recipe is even easier if you cook up the potatoes ahead of time. Thank you, Shelby, for all your help!). We were making a huge volume of burritos so the amounts in the pictures are massive. Then I’ll adjust my hair ribbon and tie a chiffon scarf around my just-fixed hair. IMPORTANT SIDE NOTE: When you’re cooking with your friend, Hyacinth, and her seven-year-old boy brings a frog into the kitchen, don’t panic. You’ll regret it. Every item on this page was chosen by The Pioneer Woman team. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. Place about 10 tortillas between damp paper towels and microwave on high about 20 seconds. Drain off the fat. Spray waxed paper with cooking spray (or wrap loosely in paper towels). Okay—back to the skillet! Third, we tried baking these in the oven but the tortillas toughen too much. Caciotta cheese is quickly becoming my favorite, but my family quickly forms a picket line if I add anything weird. If you have your own method of making fried potatoes that you prefer, by all means use what’s easiest for you. A few minutes later, this is what you’ll have! The bottom line for this recipe is you need about 10 tortillas, 4 or 5 scrambled eggs, a large handful of cheddar cheese, and about 3/4 cup of seasoned, cooked, fried potatoes. This is a freezer meal or a delicious Brinner recipe! If you’ve already made up a batch of Fried Potatoes for something else, this is a great recipe to include the leftovers. Add salsa and mix well. Before I had Liam, I stocked our freezer and pantry with easy to make meals. And if it were me, I’d throw on some more picante or Pico de Gallo, for goodness sake. seasoned with garlic salt, paprika, pepper, dill weed, parsley and chives. These are terrific for company or holiday breakfasts. htt, Twix Cookies ‘n Creme Chocolate Pie - so mouthwa. Sausage, cheese, potato tots, and scrambled eggs. Sounds like a great meal, right? Fold sides of tortilla over filling; roll up. Roll burrito over to cover the burrito mixture. Otherwise, fry up some potatoes and season with garlic salt, pepper, dill weed, paprika, parsley and chives. https://can, Chicken Amandine - so delicious as a one-dish meal. Cook, stirring to crumble, until browned, 6 to 7 minutes. (I know because I had to be the taste tester with each batch). Melt a tablespoon or two of butter in a skillet over medium heat. Amount is based on available nutrient data. https://cantstayoutofthekitchen.com/2014/03/05/potato-breakfast-burritos Then, I just wrap the little sweethearts in individual sheets of foil and, if I’m just walking to the pens by our house, I’ll place them in a napkin-lined basket. Now, THE KEY HERE is not to overstir/overmesswith. They’ll keep one another warm in the process. Twix Candy Bar Chocolate Pie - sensational! Add in more salt, pepper, or picante sauce, if that suits you. The only seasoning Veggie Breakfast Burritos had […]. Now fold one side to the middle of the burrito. Cover with lid and cook, turning potatoes with a spatula every five minutes or so until fork tender. DON’T DO IT!!!! Throw some breakfast potatoes in with the drained sausage…. Place 1 tortilla on 1 foil sheet; sprinkle tortilla with about 1/3 cup cheese. To roll them up (I can hear you saying “DUH”. $MMT = window.$MMT || {}; $MMT.cmd = $MMT.cmd || [];$MMT.cmd.push(function(){ $MMT.display.slots.push(["f1f309b3-c7e7-4516-a8cc-5397496f3b36"]); }), Copyright © 2019 Can't Stay Out of the Kitchen. I also LOVE to cook. just tuck in the sides…. Then add in the peppers and onions. Place frozen burritos inside a plastic freezer bag, seal, and keep up to 3 weeks. https://cantst, Unicorn Cookies - your kids will love these scrump, Milky Way Chocolate Pie - #MilkyWayBars never tast, Creamy Sweet Carrots - easy 5 ingredient gluten fr, Heath Toffee Chocolate Pie - you’ll be drooling, Gluten Free Zucchini Muffins - so awesome! Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, Johnny Autry; Prop and Food Styling: Charlotte L. Autry. Yep, that’s me—simple. Fold the bottom of the tortilla up to the center. I’m an avid thrift shopper, a lover of my sweet Shelty dogs, an unabashed watcher of Hallmark Movie Channel Chick Flicks, and an enthusiastic walker. More Healthy Breakfast Recipes. I like to add a ton more cheese at this point. Potato Breakfast Burritos are a wonderful and hearty breakfast entree. This is so, so good. Your email address will not be published. Medium-low heat will keep the potatoes from frying up crispy. Delicious breakfast burritos have quickly become one of the most popular items at fast-food restaurants and, when packed with all these satisfying ingredients, it isn’t hard to understand why. These simple and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, These sides will be the real stars of Thanksgiving dinner. Hello, Breakfast Potatoes. Now, in the same dadgum skillet (we ranch wives like to use the same dadgum skillet), brown a pound of breakfast sausage. (Frozen diced potatoes hold their shape better.) Warm tortilla in paper towel in microwave 15 sec. Tear 8 (15- x 12-inch) sheets of aluminum foil. Add eggs; reduce heat to medium-low. For breakfast. So I left them well enough alone. Just give me a remote control, a laptop, a pedicure, a manicure, a deep tissue massage, a pint of Coffee Haagen Dazs, an unlimited shopping spree at B & H, a Toni Collette movie, and a stack of Archie comic books and I’ll stay out of your hair for at least eight minutes. (Recipe adapted from Shelby Etter, Ovilla Road Baptist Church, Ovilla, TX). Serve with salsa. They’re as simple as it gets…and you know what? Roll burrito to cover the burrito mixture. Fold the bottom up to the middle of the burrito. I love you…and I always will. Cool about 10 minutes. The trendy haircuts you’ll be seeing everywhere next year. But the great thing about this recipe is, it’s basic. I know, I know…that’s not like me. To assemble, simply spoon a generous portion of the egg mixture into a warm, soft flour tortilla. NOTE: You can use whatever sausage makes your skirt fly up. Serve with salsa. Just keep the eggs cooking over low heat (so they won’t brown), and turn them occasionally to cook. Add whisked eggs to skillet. I’ll make up for it. I like the idea of freezing them to use for breakfasts during the week. Your life’s purpose shall be revealed very shortly. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Place a damp paper towel on bottom and top of tortillas. The problem is, my family—my husband and four spawn—aren’t jiggy wit’ chipotle-asiago-chirozo-poblano-fancy-o stuff. Roll tortilla in paper and microwave about 30 seconds on high to serve. Reduce heat to medium. My point is, if you’re looking for fancy chipotle-asiago-chorizo-poblano-fancy-o breakfast burritos this morning…you’ve come to the wrong wife and mother. You may be able to find more information about this and similar content on their web site. Microwave on HIGH until heated through, about 2 minutes.For frozen burrito: Remove foil, and place frozen burrito on a paper towel-lined plate. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. If you’re looking for a tasty Breakfast Burrito recipe, then consider giving this recipe a whirl. Rise and shine with fix-and-freeze breakfast burritos. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. And because I’m rebellious, I’d spoon on some green salsa and maybe even a bit of sour cream.

Zatarain's Andouille Sausage Where To Buy, Pasta With Ricotta And Peas, Ground Pork Omelette Recipe, Best Microphone For Fitness Videos, Ensure Drink Weight Gain, San Clemente Bell's Sparrow, Fender Classic Series 50s Stratocaster Review,