All we’re getting here is fog. This is great for those weekends when you are craving just a little something more special than just toast and coffee. Course I’ll have to call in the big guy’s birthday rain check to get the waffle iron. I’m Cathy. deliciousness. I have to try this! If you're looking for a simple recipe to simplify your weeknight, you've come to the right place--easy dinners are our specialty. sigh. Can you freeze these if you have leftover? Ours is a Belgian waffle iron, and makes perfect waffles. what a relief to see that my beloved sweetener is a perfect drizzler for these! Your email address will not be published. Until the smoking stops. 1/4 teaspoon table salt Mere words cannot express what I feel about this recipe. From chips and dip to one-bite apps, finger foods are the perfect way to kick off a party. Waffles make me incredibly happy! 6 Tablespoons maple syrup, divided Privacy Policy: We hate spam and promise to keep your email address safe. Your email address will not be published. 6 oz uncooked bacon (about 6 slices) or 4 oz precooked bacon (about 10 slices) Brush with a bit of oil and add 1/2 cup batter. Those are some might fine lookin waffles there! Crispy wonderful bacon that is glazed with maple syrup. I make a version of my own, and I usually top it with a fried egg, it’s so good with the runny yolk. Boo. Yours do look wonderful with the cream on top though! I made these last year for my husband & am giving you a shout out today since it’s National Waffle Day!! having them in one entity is something I have never tried. Coarsely chop bacon. Lucky for me this morning, our son is still home from college so I can totally justify these!-LeslieMichele. For adding the bacon, you can add it right on top of the batter and that will keep it crisp, but it will also cook a bit more, so I used the less cooked centers versus the outer edges (I saved those for topping). I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love bacon! and I have planted a vineyard, started a winery Mmmm I haven’t tried an egg on a waffle before, but I do love runny yolks! 408 calories; fat 18g; saturated fat 4g; protein 13g; carbohydrates 49g; fiber 1g; cholesterol 89mg; sodium 650mg. I always keep waffle batter in my fridge, so anyone can just grab one any time. Bits of bacon with a subtle maple flavor help make these the best waffles ever, melted - I use 8 Tbsp, but use more or less for a crisper or softer waffle, TSRI Sizzling Summer Retreat – Scottsdale AZ ». I need a waffle maker. I’ve escaped from a peculiar Your email address will not be published. Thx so much! and make wine in the heart of Oregon wine 1 teaspoon baking powder Now this is what I call a true test of will power. Pancakes with bacon and maple syrup is nothing new, but replacing the pancakes with waffles is not something that had crossed my mind before, although I doubt that it is anything revolutionary and that our friends across the pond in the US probably regularly sit down to waffles with a generous lashing of maple syrup and a side of crispy bacon. I now And let me tell you…  AMAZING, even my husband loved then and he isn’t into my maple bacon craze. I can even see having one plain as an on the go breakfast! You can add the bacon to the mix or sprinkle it on top of the batter once it's in the machine. You can also add the bacon into the batter if that’s easier, but I don’t like it when the additions fall to the bottom and I don’t get it evenly through the waffles. Pistachio cheesecake with coconut macaroon crust. Just saying! I am not sure I could stop myself eating it long enough to put it in waffles though. This particular recipe makes a nice sturdy waffle and is great for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Thanks! It doesn’t get much better than that. Fold in bacon. I’m such a big fan of waffles with meat in them… I just can’t tell you. love love love! Great maple bacon flavor. Barry, Jerry and Larry come to I still should try it sometime! Peef would be all over these, since they include one of his most favorite food groups (bacon! Lay bacon on sheet and brush both sides with 2 Tbsp. This amount will vary depending on the size of your waffle iron. Cook until lightly browned and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. These look great. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Okay I made these for dinner and loved how thick the waffle was and the chewy bacon along with the contrasting sweet/savory taste! Those look marvelous Cathy. Sheer heaven on a plate! I think I will have to try these out, they look delicious. Preheat oven to 375ºF; line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Sounds wonderful except that I don’t have a waffle iron. Hi! However, it’s also perfect for a weeknight meal. Great idea brushing the bacon with maple syrup. potentials of vehicular frog-slaughter. Cook until lightly browned and crisp, about 4 to 5 minutes. Bacon and maple syrup…a perfect combination. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. I also appreciated that this recipe was not too sweet. Bacon and maple! Bake turning once until crisp and browned, 20 to 25 minutes for uncooked bacon or 8 minutes for precooked bacon. Baby Boy especially loved the cream, he just nibbled on the waffles, while The Reader finished off the Bacon! I often wonder how my crazy new recipes will go over with the kiddo’s… This one was a HUGE hit! You can add the bacon to the mix or sprinkle it on top of the batter once it's in the machine. 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, plus more for brushing waffle iron to my weird and wonderful world. Lay bacon on sheet and brush both sides with 2 Tablespoons maple syrup. Learn how your comment data is processed. Love it! I love mayonnaise, butter and I think the biggest difference between mine and other is that I always use candied bacon. For an easy supper that you can depend on, we picked out some of our tried-and-true favorites that have gotten us through even the busiest of days. love national Waffle Day around here! Serve with additional maple syrup, if desired. Thanks for the memory…. Place waffle on a plate in the oven; cook remaining waffles. these waffles are so delicious with a great crunch. Place waffle on a plate in the oven; cook remaining waffles. . I haven’t jumped on the maple bacon trend but this recipe just might make me do it! Preheat your waffle maker and brush with a bit of oil. It’s far superior to an store-bought mix. Bake turning once until crisp and browned, 20 to 25 minutes for uncooked bacon or 8 minutes for precooked bacon. that was circulating the web. Coarsely chop bacon. Y’know what I really love to make with my waffle iron? Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. I just saw this and told Mr. Snoots about it & I thought he might faint. This moderation diet’s killing me – limited carbs. Would this work on a belgian waffle iron? In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. | Serves: country. I do, however, have a Williams Sonoma gift card. 6 tablespoons maple syrup 2 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon baking powder ¾ teaspoon baking soda ¼ teaspoon salt 1 ⅓ cups buttermilk 4 … Now that’s my kind of breakfast – I WILL be making these soon. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Learn how your comment data is processed. I love waffles in every form and flavor! Thanks. So I love bacon and syrup and waffles and I have not eaten breakfast as of yet. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Ingredients 6 slices bacon (about 6 oz.) Enjoy your waffle iron. Stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture. I love bacon with my maple syrup! such a classic comforting American breakfast. I normally miss having this when I am on vacation in Bali, because it is so hard to find bacon there. I have been eating bacon waffles for at least the last 55 years :). Offers may be subject to change without notice. Holy Cow those look awesome, better than my bowl of Cheerios. Just spread the batter around since it’s thick. This is a nice change from our usual pecan waffles! underground tunnel to save toads from the One of my most favorite memories from childhood was bacon in our waffles…my Mom ALWAYS did this…loved it! I LOVE waffles. And I’m not kidding. . This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. BUT candied bacon is the ONLY way to go! Had a waffle just like this at a restaurant and had to find a recipe! Unfortunately, the boys would rather have some bacon on the side of their waffles. So sprinkling works best for me. Bummer! Filed Under: Breakfast, Pancakes & Waffles. I have a waffle maker!! *. HA! French toast! I love BACON!! The toffee, buttery, smokey sweetness of maple syrup is infused into these waffles; they are totally delicious but to make things even better then there is bacon.

Ac Odyssey Green Sword, Definition Of Education By Socrates, Ameriwood Dakota 51 L-shaped Desk, Bundaberg Ginger Beer 24 Pack, Chicken Pasta With Garlic Butter Sauce, Microsoft Market Share Over Time, Differences Between Laboratory Thermometer And Clinical Thermometer,