This is accomplished by inserting a DRL resistor in series with the low beam filaments. Remove the "DRL" fuse from the power distribution box. He received a Master of Business Administration from Florida Metropolitan University in 2005. Turn off the engine and open the hood. Turn the headlight knob all the way to the left. 3) Locate the OBD diagnostic socket in the car and plug the your Ford IDS hardware to OBD port. This solution however, does not work on all vehicles. The daytime running lights on your vehicle are a safety feature that allow other drivers to spot your vehicle on the road during daylight hours. Place all of the screws in a safe place so that none of them are lost. Whether your vehicle uses high beams or has a separate light assembly for the daytime running lights, the troubleshooting process is the same. On the underside of the fuse box cover on Ford and Chevrolet vehicles there is a diagram depicting where each fuse is located within the fuse box. Perform a full check on the vehicle's other electronic systems to ensure each one works. In this video I go over how to turn on and turn off headlights in a Ford focus. Press your parking brake slightly until it clicks once. Remove the "DRL" fuse from the fuse box and replace it with a new fuse. There are negatives to the use of DRLs. 2) Install the Ford IDS software on the laptop. On some trucks, doing so will turn off the running lights, but you will need to do this each time you start the vehicle. If the daytime running lights are still malfunctioning, the issue may be a burned out bulb. The fuse for the "DRL" will be a mini or small fuse, not a large one. This cuts the power to the fuse that operates the DRLs. Reinstall the assembly into the vehicle and close the hood. Tug on the electrical connector at the rear of the assembly. Turn the "Dome Override" button on and off twice. Place the cover back onto the fuse box and close the hood. And on rare occasions, having running lights makes viewing of a drive-in movie difficult when you need the A/C on. They also increase your road vision during sunrise and sunset. Access the assembly used by the daytime running lights. Steps of Disable Ford Daytime Running Lights: 1) Get a Ford IDS hardware device. How you turn them off depends on your vehicle type. If the prior three steps have not worked, locate your make and model vehicle on the website listed in the resources section. Daniel Valladares began his career as a medical writer in 2008. They increase visibility, especially during dusk and dawn. Locate the daytime running light assembly at the front of the engine compartment. Follow Steps 1 and 2 in Section 1 to locate the bulb. He has written patient education brochures for several pharmaceutical companies and has worked as an auto mechanic at Kim's Speedy Auto Service since 2007. In this video I go over how to turn on and turn off headlights in a Ford focus. Hope you find it this video useful. I have a 2014 focus se i want to take my car to a drive in theater and keep the ac running without having to worry about my headlights staying on if anyone has a fix to this thanks in advance. Locate the daytime running light assembly at the front of the engine compartment. He has over 11 years experience in tax preparation and small business consultation. It was video I go over how to turn on the headlights turn off the headlights, the parking light, as well as the automatic setting. Replace the old bulb with a new one. Tape up the wiring on the exposed end, and leave enough lead to reconnect the ground if this doesn't work for your vehicle. Thank you it’s full-time .Please Subscribe To My Channel For More Great Content: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0GhF05mfZjmSRLGqwlB2zQ?sub_confirmation=1 Perform a full check on the vehicle's other electronic systems to ensure each one works. Some car manufacturers tie in the operation of the headlights, the radio or air conditioning to the same fuse. Copyright 2020 Leaf Group Ltd. / Leaf Group Media, "Owner's Manual Saab 9-3 M2007"; Saab Automobile AB; 2006, "2010 Ford Focus Owner's Manual"; Ford Motor Company; 2009. Remove the bulb used by the daytime running lights from the assembly. If the connector comes out or is loose, plug it securely into the rear of the assembly. Daytime running lights, or DRLs, are a safety feature that statistics claim make driving safer. Tug it once more to test it. Locate the fuse box in the engine compartment. Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the light assembly. "2009 Pontiac G6 Owner Manual"; General Motors Corporation; 2008, "Owner's Manual BMW 745i/745Li/760Li"; Bayerische Motoren Werke; 2003, "2009 GMC Acadia Owner's Manual"; General Motors Corporation; 2008. This is found in the schematic for your type of vehicle in the manual or in a vehicle repair manual such as Chilton's.

Metal Stud Soffit Framing Details, Electric Guitar Setup Measurements, Single Bond Hybridization, Bray Silver Nitrate Sticks, Topics For Story Writing For Class 9, Sicilian Sausage Sainsbury's,