And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. 21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell, or to hear some new thing.) 7 And when he had so said, there arose a dissension between the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was divided. Copyright © 2001 by Crossway Bibles, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. 32 On the morrow they left the horsemen to go with him, and returned to the castle: 33 Who, when they came to Caesarea and delivered the epistle to the governor, presented Paul also before him. What are the benefits of creating an account? Want more information about Bible Gateway Plus? 22 So the chief captain then let the young man depart, and charged him, See thou tell no man that thou hast shewed these things to me. The Holy Bible, English Standard Version. 8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confess both. And they came to the chief priests and elders, and said, We have bound ourselves under a great curse, that we will eat nothing until we have slain Paul. 27 (AI)This man was seized by the Jews and (AJ)was about to be killed by them (AK)when I came upon them with the soldiers and rescued him, (AL)having learned that he was a Roman citizen. But do not thou yield unto them: for there lie in wait for him of them more than forty men, which have bound themselves with an oath, that they will neither eat nor drink till they have killed him: and now are they ready, looking for a promise from thee. 2 And the high priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him to smite him on the mouth. Then said Paul unto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to judge me after the law, and commandest me to be smitten contrary to the law? 31 So the soldiers, according to their instructions, took Paul and brought him by night to Antipatris. 24:16; Job 27:5, 6; 1 Cor. Upgrade to Bible Gateway Plus, and access, 2 Cor. 6 But when Paul perceived that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, he cried out in the council, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead I am called in question. 4:2; 5:11; Heb. … It is (M)with respect to the (N)hope and the resurrection of the dead that I am on trial.” 7 And when he had said this, a dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees, and the assembly was divided. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. 21 But do not thou yield unto them: for there lie in wait for him of them more than forty men, which have bound themselves with an oath, that they will neither eat nor drink till they have killed him: and now are they ready, looking for a promise from thee. 13 There were more than forty who made this conspiracy. 31 Then the soldiers, as it was commanded them, took Paul, and brought him by night to Antipatris. And when he understood that he was of Cilicia; I will hear thee, said he, when thine accusers are also come. Acts 23 (King James Version) 1 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. 19 Then the chief captain took him by the hand, and went with him aside privately, and asked him, What is that thou hast to tell me? 23 And Paul, earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I have lived in all good conscience before God until this day. Acts chapter 24 KJV (King James Version) 1 And after five days Ananias the high priest descended with the elders, and with a certain orator named Tertullus, who informed the governor against Paul.. 2 And when he was called forth, Tertullus began to accuse him, saying, Seeing that by thee we enjoy great quietness, and that very worthy deeds are done unto this nation by thy providence,

Luke 5 Wineskins Meaning, Mango Coats Sale, Organic Rosemary Plants For Sale, Zoom H1n Specs, Vegan Andouille Sausage Whole Foods, Electrolytic Dissociation Of Hcl,