So speak encouraging words to one another. 9-11 God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. Starting your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus is easy. Now we can take it easy!”—suddenly everything will fall apart. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. Wrath: It is important to understand that Paul means the wrath of God. The One who called you is completely dependable. Walk out into the daylight sober, dressed up in faith, love, and the hope of salvation. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love! 1 Thessalonians 5 The Message (MSG) 5 1-3 I don’t think, friends, that I need to deal with the question of when all this is going to happen. To manage your subscription, visit your Bible Gateway account settings. You know as well as I that the day of the Master’s coming can’t be posted on our calendars. Don't have an account? Let’s keep our eyes open and be smart. He won’t call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 MSG - Be cheerful no matter what; pray all - Bible Gateway. 4-8 But friends, you’re not in the dark, so how could you be taken off guard by any of this? I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it. Gently encourage the stragglers, and reach out for the exhausted, pulling them to their feet. He died for us, a death that triggered life. So speak encouraging words to one another. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. The One who called you is completely dependable. NIV & The Message Parallel Study Bible Personal Size, Italian Duo-Tone, Dark Caramel/Black Cherry, Contemporary Comparative Side-by-Side Bible (NIV, NKJV, NLT, THE Message), The Message // REMIX 2.0--soft leather-look, zebra print, Message Slimline Bible--soft leather-look, black/spring wildflowers. Our counsel is that you warn the freeloaders to get a move on. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! Let’s keep our eyes open and be smart. He won’t call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love! Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! 16-18 Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. And make sure this letter gets read to all the brothers and sisters. Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. But not us! Be patient with each person, attentive to individual needs. What are the benefits of creating an account? Greet all the followers of Jesus there with a holy embrace. It looks like you’re already subscribed to Bible Gateway Plus! You know as well as I that the day of the Master’s coming can’t be posted on our calendars. People sleep at night and get drunk at night. Let’s keep our eyes open and be smart. Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. Since we’re creatures of Day, let’s act like it. You know as well as I that the day of the Master’s coming can’t be posted on our calendars. 25-27 Friends, keep up your prayers for us. We live under wide open skies and know where we stand. We live under wide open skies and know where we stand. On the other hand, don’t be gullible. Throw out anything tainted with evil. 4-8 But friends, you’re not in the dark, so how could you be taken off guard by any of this? Greet all the followers of Jesus there with a holy embrace. Check out everything, and keep only what’s good. It’s going to come as suddenly and inescapably as birth pangs to a pregnant woman. He won’t call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. The Message 5 1-3 I don’t think, friends, that I need to deal with the question of when all this is going to happen. Throw out anything tainted with evil. Begin reading God's Word ad-free with instant access to your new online study library. People sleep at night and get drunk at night. People sleep at night and get drunk at night. Since we’re creatures of Day, let’s act like it. Build up hope so you'll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. You’re sons of Light, daughters of Day. Try Bible Gateway Plus free for 30 days. 9-11 God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. About the time everybody’s walking around complacently, congratulating each other—“We’ve sure got it made! 23-24 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ. Don’t leave anyone out. To subscribe at our regular subscription rate, click the button below. Advance your knowledge of Scripture with this resource library of over 40 reference books, including commentaries and Study Bible notes. We live under wide open skies and know where we stand. But not us! Three easy steps to start your free trial subscription to Bible Gateway Plus. John Piper Jan 23, 2012 4 Shares Sermon. 9-11 God didn’t set us up for an angry rejection but for salvation by our Master, Jesus Christ. Sep 13, 2015. Check out everything, and keep only what’s good. Step 1 - Create an account or log in to start your free trial. The Message 1 Thessalonians 5:11 So speak encouraging words to one another. Whether we’re awake with the living or asleep with the dead, we’re alive with him! Creating an account allows you to access more features and content such as: Reading the Bible is rewarding, and these plans make it easy! You’re already logged in with your Bible Gateway account. It’s going to come as suddenly and inescapably as birth pangs to a pregnant woman. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it. The next step is to choose a monthly or yearly subscription, and then enter your payment information. 19-22 Don’t suppress the Spirit, and don’t stifle those who have a word from the Master. Upgrade, and get the most out of your new account. You Are Not Appointed for Wrath A Word from God for the Shaken Soul. 4-8 But friends, you’re not in the dark, so how could you be taken off guard by any of this? He won’t call ahead and make an appointment any more than a burglar would. Copyright © 1993, 2002, 2018 by Eugene H. Peterson, You'll get this book and many others when you join Bible Gateway Plus. For God did not appoint us to wrath: Before we had the hope of salvation (1 Thessalonians 5:8), we had an appointment to wrath. And be careful that when you get on each other’s nerves you don’t snap at each other. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. Try it free for 30 days. An integrated digital Bible study library - including complete notes from the Believer's Bible Commentary and the Cultural Backgrounds Study Bible (NIV and NRSV) - is just a step away! You know as well as I that the day of the Master’s coming can’t be posted on our calendars. Scripture: 2 Peter 3:9, 1 Thessalonians 4:3, 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, 1 Peter 2:12, 1 Peter 3:17, 1 Corinthians 2:12-14 (view more) (view less) Denomination: Christian/Church Of Christ The Most Important Lesson I Have Learned About Walking Naturally In The Anointing Of God Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:14–18. He died for us, a death that triggered life. We are saved from the world, the flesh, and the devil. Take notes, highlights, and favorites to share or document personal thoughts. Learn more. 25-27 Friends, keep up your prayers for us. You’re sons of Light, daughters of Day. You’ve already claimed your free trial of Bible Gateway Plus. Look for the best in each other, and always do your best to bring it out. It’s going to come as suddenly and inescapably as birth pangs to a pregnant woman. 12-13 And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. If he said it, he’ll do it! 23-24 May God himself, the God who makes everything holy and whole, make you holy and whole, put you together—spirit, soul, and body—and keep you fit for the coming of our Master, Jesus Christ.

A Course In Mathematical Logic, It's Okay To Not Be Okay Cast Child Actor, Sunken Living Room Railing Update, Baked Orange Tilapia Recipe, What Goes Well With Rosemary, Korean Brisket Dipping Sauce, Magnesium Chloride Solution Colour, Type Of Referral Meaning,